To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Front End Software Engineer
Apex Systems • San Antonio, TX
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Front End Software Engineer - Mid Level Job
Purpose of Job
Front End Engineers create and maintain the front-end portion of our business software applications. As a Front-end Engineer, you are expected to be able to function in a fast-paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development ensuring quality is built into all solutions. Your responsibilities will require you to be familiar in front end development best practices and frameworks, creating beautiful experiences for our internal and member facing systems. You will be required to be knowledgeable in understanding user requirements and tailoring user experiences accordingly. You will engage with business clients, UI designers, developers, architects to create high performing, and easy to use systems via the web as well as mobile-based applications. You will create and implement design principles that ensures that our content renders well across multiple devices. You will use and promote the use of front-end and mobile testing tools to ensure quality.
As a Front-end Engineer, it will be your responsibility to maintain code integrity and quality.
- With limited guidance performs defect correction (analysis, design, code) on less complex issues and/or codes applications of medium complexity. With guidance begins to install, customize and integrate commercial software packages. Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing. Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews. Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Understands and assists in gathering and analyzing customer requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate processes.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate estimates on work packages. May begin to identify issues that impact availability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) majors or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile methodology
- Experience in translating front-end mockups and wireframes into functioning applications
- 1+ years’ experience in designing/coding for high availability and performance.
- 1+ years of experience with rapid prototyping / simulations / iterative design
- Experience supporting accessibility requirements from ADA (Section 508 subset of a11y).
- 2+ years of experience on closures/Prototypes/JS.this and variable scope
- Understanding of HTTP interaction with browsers (request types, request headers, synchronous/asynchronous requests).
- Understanding of page rendering orchestration within a browser
- Experience at using browser development tools within each major browser
- Delivering software using a container based infrastructure
- Familiar with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. around continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
- Experience testing in Selenium frameworks
Front End Engineers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committed
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
If interested in this position, please send your resume to Nick Rogers at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.