LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (URL blocked - click to apply) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
Manages the supply and optimization of energy related utilities valued in excess of $200 MM/year for the North American manufacturing facilities, including power, steam, cogeneration, and industrial gases.
Develops and executes strategic sourcing plans for short and long term utilities supply for the business. Commands good understanding of market environments and negotiates and prepares contracts consistent with Company control guidelines. Directly responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with outside utility and industrial gas providers and customers.
Principle resource and point of contact for energy supply issues with manufacturing sites and business management. The Commercial lead for site and business energy management optimization, including capital project development, conservation activities, and performance monitoring. Identifies and prioritizes energy issues within the business. Responsible for the management of 3rd party utility supplier reliability for energy-related contracts at the business sites.Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all commercial aspects of energy supplies for the business sites managed
- Responsible for developing strategic sourcing plans for the negotiation, execution, and ongoing administration of agreements for energy-related commodities and services managed on a regional and national level
- Senior contributor for multi-functional energy team - Deals with situational complexity (supply chain focus, markets, risk allocation, senior level relationship, strategy development, manufacturing issues)
- Manages performance analysis and benchmarking processes for energy-related costs in the business
- Identifies, prioritizes, and communicates key energy issues and opportunities and is a champion for changes to provide the business a competitive cost advantage of the supply of energy commodities
- Provides expertise in the development and deployment of supply and risk management strategies for energy commodities managed and/or major projects for all business sites.
- Primary point of contact to develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships
- Role model and knowledge base resource in energy markets
- Additional duties assigned as required
BS or BA Undergraduate Degree in engineering required
- Advanced industry and specialized market of energy commodities, with demonstrated experience in contract development and negotiations
- Experience in financial analysis for long-term supply contracts and capital projects, including structured financing
- Experience in a manufacturing environment in technical or business related positions
- MBA preferred
- Experience in a refining, petrochemicals and/or polymers environment is preferred
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available URL blocked - click to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Benchmarking (Project Management)
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)