Arkema has established itself as France’s leading chemical producer and a world leader in specialty chemicals and advanced materials. With annual sales of €8.8 billion and 20,000 people employed in some 55 countries, the Group pursues ambitious recruitment objectives both in France and around the world. Arkema offers diverse employment opportunities in 200 job functions and professions in four major fields: industrial, R&D, business, and support functions.
Reaching far beyond your discoveries!
Regarded as one of the world’s leading innovators, Arkema has made research one of the pillars of its strategy. For example by discovering new solutions to help reduce the weight of materials, hence cut down consumption. By developing innovative thermal insulation systems that can optimize the energy performance of buildings. Or by seeking new applications for its biosourced products at the service of greater sustainable development.
Innovative and durable solutions
Our high performance products have applications in wide-ranging areas, from new generation car batteries or telephones to recyclable wind turbine blades, from adhesives for the protective backsheets of solar panels to drinking water filtration systems, from running shoes and acrylic resins with no solvent and no volatile organic compound for 3D printing to molecular sieves for portable oxygen devices used by people suffering from respiratory failure… Joining Arkema means being part of a Group enjoying sustained growth that in little more than a decade has built up an exemplary achievement record, setting high ambitions for itself and for its employees. All our job opportunities are open to people with disabilities at equal merit or with equal skill levels.
The Quality Technician, reporting to the Quality Supervisor, conducts all testing required to ensure that raw materials received and finished products produced are in compliance with acceptable specifications. This is a night shift position that works closely with our 24/7 production team. The position is located within a chemical manufacturing environment with work primarily performed in the laboratory. This position will give the right candidate the experience to develop skills in the quality field. Come grow with us!
Activities may include:
- Upload Certificates of Analysis and other documentation to common drive
- Approve raw materials and input results, when necessary.
- Independently perform analytical testing on finished goods and input results into LIMS.
- Data entry into SAP, when necessary.
- Independently perform preventative maintenance and repairs on lab instrumentation.
- Re-approve finished goods and materials to extend the expiration date.
- Validate calibration status of test methods by running SQC samples.
- Validate weekly and monthly calibration status of analytical instrumentation.
- Preparation of lab solutions and standards.
- Work with production operators, as needed to troubleshoot lab problems.
- Initial Troubleshooting instrumentation, (associated with preventative maintenance & repairs on Lab instrumentation)
- Responsible for general lab housekeeping, leaving lab ready for following shift
Operational Excellence and HES Activities;
- Assist Quality Supervisor with special projects and quality investigations when asked.
- Participate in plant Behavior Based Safety program.
- Generate and implement continuous improvement ideas based on outcomes of troubleshooting
- Business Unit knowledge; continually seeks to understand the processes in production, warehouse, maintenance and HES. Understands the role of quality in relation to all the other departments; working with a sense of urgency to provide support in a timely manner.
The successful candidate has:
- BS degree in Chemistry or equivalent field of study.
- Laboratory experiences preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Software.
- Ability to work independently as well as in groups
- Analytical and critical thinking skills,
- Clear communication and ability to tailor message to the audience
- Agile learner; quickly comprehending new problems and solving using a hands on approach
- Organizational skills to plan work effectively and set priorities appropriately
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of €8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Technician, Genetics, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Quality, Technology, Science, Healthcare, Manufacturing
Complex Problem Solving
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)