The Franciscan Nurse Internship program is a unique academic partnership between Franciscan Health and affiliated school partners to support the current demand on the nursing workforce. Employment at a Franciscan Health facility allows students to gain valuable clinical experience as they complete their nursing degree, easing the transition into nursing practice. Interns are paid to work 8-12 hours per month and receive tuition assistance for the last three semesters of their nursing program.
With more than a century-old tradition of health care, Franciscan Health has long been a place where nurses care for patients while continuing Christ's ministry in our Franciscan tradition. The internship offers participants an exceptional opportunity to learn new skills of the nursing profession in a safe and nurturing environment.
The internship will take place at the following Franciscan Health locations:
* Olympia Fields
Under the supervision of a RN preceptor, the student will:
* Be involved in caring for patients holistically
* Become more confident in decision-making
* Learn time management
* Become an effective communicator
* Improve critical thinking skills
* Learn more about the everyday expectations of the professional nurse
The internship is designed to help the student to:
* Meet the clinical requirements for their nursing program
* Utilize the nursing process (Assessment, Planning, Intervention and Evaluation) for providing direct patient care in the acute care setting.
* Manage the care of patients experiencing acute and chronic conditions utilizing a holistic approach.
* Integrate knowledge and skills acquired throughout the program: critical thinking, care coordination, leadership, and collaboration and communication skills.
* Develop clinical reasoning and competent nursing practice and begin transition to professional practice.
All students accepted into the Franciscan Health Internship program are
* Complete clinicals at a Franciscan Health facility as deemed appropriate by the school of nursing
* Commit to working a minimum of 8-12 hours/month on their assigned unit with their assigned RN preceptor
* Commit to 3744 hours of service upon obtaining their LPN or RN credential
Applying students must:
* Have completed at least one semester of clinicals at an accredited LPN or ASN program and at least 2 semesters at a BSN program.
* Be currently enrolled in good standing.
* Be American Heart Association BLS certified.
* Submit 2 letters of recommendation (one from clinical instructor). (upload with resume, at the "upload" portion of the application.)
* Provide a professional statement of interest.
* Submit a clearly readable unofficial transcript.(upload with resume, at the "upload" portion of the application.)
* Attach your resume or CV - (upload at the "upload" portion of the application.)
All applications are to be made online. In addition, all potential internship candidates will be asked to attend a panel interview.
For questions regarding the program and / or application, please contact:
Elizabeth Gomez - Olympia Fields
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Franciscan Nurse Internship Olympia Fields
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law. Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights. Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
- Care Coordination
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Critical Thinking