Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for nearly 90 years …setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! URL blocked - click to apply
This position will perform a full range of technical work including writing new test procedures, sign-off test reports, draft laboratory management policies & procedures, test report templates, measurement uncertainty budgets and inter-laboratory correlation studies. This position also runs laboratory empirical investigations resolving component level root-cause analysis.
- Plans, conducts and coordinates a broad range of complex engineering technical assignments requiring an in-depth knowledge of foundation brake hardware and laboratory testing techniques including inertia dynamometer, strain gage measurement, .
- Regarded as a foundation brake hardware technical expert in the area of laboratory test methods.
- Will be a support resource to other Bendix department requiring vehicle test support.
- Will direct and coordinate laboratory activities of other test engineers or technicians on specific assignments.
- Has appreciable latitude for independent action and decision.
- Position is non-supervisory.
- Expert knowledge of foundation brake hardware and laboratory testing
- Inertia Dynamometer
- Strain gage measurement
- Strong problem solving skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a team environment
- DFMEA and DVP&R processes
- Able to write test procedures and test plans
- Confident with technical presentations to OEM customers
- Knowledge of ISO17025 a plus.
- Knowledge of air brake systems a plus
- Experience running brake tests on inertia dynamometer.
- Experience with SAE J2995 a plus.
- 10 years minimum experience with foundation brake hardware testing within the automotive industry or commercial vehicle industry is required.
- Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred.
- 8D process experience and demonstrated implementation of PCA solutions will be highly regarded.
Required SkillsRequired Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is required
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan