To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ithaca, NY 14850
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer (HVAC)
Tetra Tech • Ithaca, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech A&E provides planning, design and construction phase services for a wide range of building types and clients, from K-12 and higher education facilities in New York to facilities supporting governments worldwide. We currently seek a Mechanical HVAC Engineer with a positive, collaborative work style to join our multi-disciplinary team. This position can be located in our Ithaca NY, Albany NY, or Farmingdale, NY office.
- Design of building mechanical systems (HVAC) including appropriate system concepts, calculations, energy modeling, layout, sizing, selections, specifications and coordination
- Perform site visits of existing mechanical systems for evaluation or to inspect work in progress or completed
- Prepare engineering reports
- Review and respond to team member on project design work, RFIs, submittals, and other construction related documents and issues in a professional and timely manner
- Monitor and control project progress against scope, schedule, and budget
- Attend client meetings and assist in marketing efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or similar field
- A minimum 8 years of experience designing building mechanical (HVAC) systems
- Experience with design of mechanical (HVAC) systems for educational facilities is desired
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or preparing to obtain professional licensure preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit/BIM with working knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency with building energy modeling concepts and software preferred
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Knowledge of and demonstrated interest in energy efficient solutions and designs
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratechae.com.To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies