Assistant Golf Professional
This position is responsible for promoting the game of golf and the club while providing the Three Steps of Service to the Members and guests of the club. Responsibilities include providing quality service, overseeing and assisting with the golf shop operations and participating in driving revenue and programming efforts.
This position reports directly to the Director of Golf or Head Golf Pro and indirectly to the General Manager of the club. The Golf Pro directly supervises outside service personnel, Starters, and Marshalls as directed.
Day to Day:
- Responsible for efficient and friendly customer service throughout the pro shop, checking in golfers, accurately ringing up charges at the register and properly checking in all golfers prior to play. This also includes proper cash handling procedures as well as making sure that all standards of operations are being met.
- Maintain control of the tee sheet, including walkups and pairings. Collect all guest, cart and other fees.
- Respond to inquiries and make tee-times for Members and guests both in person and over the phone. Converse with Members and guests in a friendly manner. Focus your attention on Members and guests needs and remain calm, professional and courteous at all times, even when under pressure.
- Organize and promote all Club Tournaments and other special events/functions at the Club.
- Provide professional instruction for Member/Guests as requested according to ClubCorp and PGA Standards.
- Oversee all aspects of outside golf operations and staff to include Marshalls/Starters/Course and Golf Shop attendants to ensure proper performance while following all daily procedures and policies. This includes staging area, range, golf cart storage, etc.
- Promote the game of golf and promote the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service.
- Develop relationships with Members and guests by participating in events and one on one, including playing golf, as approved by management.
- Responsible for inventory controls, checking-in merchandise in accordance with procedures, organization of storage and display areas. Keep up inventory levels of constantly stocked items (i.e. shirts, socks, gloves, hats, balls, etc.). Follow up on all special orders making sure customers are aware of the receipt of their orders in accordance with established procedures.
- Take care of all return merchandise and issue proper credits to customer.
- Perform close of business functions following guidelines and procedures established by the Club.
- Ensure daily assignments are completed in their respective areas to meet Club standards (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange entry area, straightening/stocking of golf shop, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employees, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Resolve customer complaints as soon as possible.
- Assist the Director of Golf or Head Golf Pro with financial responsibilities, games plans, and ensuring timecards are complete and accurate at the end of each pay period.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time.
- Maintain focus and attention on detail.
- Maintain good conduct and safe working habits in all areas while ensuring that others are acting safely.
- Attend daily line-up and participate as requested.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows your Club and ClubCorp standards.
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent, is required.
- You have solid customer service experience and basic knowledge of the game of golf.
- You are active and participating in the PGA Apprentice Program. A PGA Professional Certification is preferred.
- You can be trusted to maintain confidentiality of all proprietary Company information and sensitive employee matters, except as expressly authorized by the Company.
- You always perform at the highest level of ethical work standards.
- You are comfortable working in both indoor and outdoor environments with frequent exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures and humidity.