One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
River Oaks Hospital, located in metropolitan New Orleans, Louisiana, is a private psychiatric facility for adults, adolescents and children. Since 1970, River Oaks has established a tradition of excellence in the treatment of acute psychiatric illness, dual diagnosis, alcohol and drug detoxification, trauma based disorders, compulsive behaviors, and eating disorders, River Oaks has provided quality treatment to service individuals suffering from mental illness, and/or addictive disorders. Situated on a 14 acre campus, services are available at all levels of care (inpatient, day or partial hospitalization, outpatient, and intensive outpatient).
River Oaks Hospital is seeking a dynamic and talented UNIT CHARGE NURSE. This is a great opportunity for an RN with previous charge nurse responsibilities to experience working in a free standing, psychiatric hospital with patients suffering from mental illness and to be a part of our facility's reorganization of Nursing roles. Responsibilities include, but not limited to directs the staff and activities of a program to ensure the delivery of quality and appropriate patient care. Coordinates nursing care of the patient; participates in patient and family teaching and provides care by working cooperatively with ancillary staff and other patient care personnel in maintaining standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Must evaluate the care for each patient upon admission and when appropriate on an ongoing basis in accordance with accepted standards of nursing practice and hospital policy. Evaluation would include assessing the patient’s care needs, patient’s health status/conditioning, as well as the patient’s response to interventions. This position provides a high level of quality service to patients of all ages found within the scope of services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains hospital and program policies and procedures by direct supervision of ancillary and practical clinical staff
- Actively participates in the development of patient treatments plans;
- Promotes an environment in which the treatment team can work cooperatively toward program objectives and quality patient care.
- Works cooperatively with all internal departments to ensure standards are met;
- Participates actively in nursing meetings and committees.
- Represents program and hospital when called upon by serving as a speaker or resource to communication.
- Works with the clinical team to assure program plan, goals, and objectives are efficiently and effectively implemented.
- Informs Nurse Manager and nursing administrative team of pertinent clinical and administrative observations.
- Willingly adapts to changes and demonstrates a positive attitude and flexibility in scheduling and in the performance of duties assigned to this position.
- Demonstrates professional ethics in the performance of duties, and serves as a role model by supporting and implementing the basic philosophy and standards of the nursing profession.
- Attends all required in-services annually.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing; current licensure with the Louisiana State Board of Nurses.
- Prefer previous experience in a psychiatric hospital or related human service field.
- Previous nursing experience preferred but not a requirement.
- Previous leadership experience preferred but not a requirement.
- Ability to clearly speak, write and understand verbal and written English. Selected skills/credentials as defined by the department’s scope of services.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
Provide service to all populations while demonstrating the Service Excellence Standards…
- Treat Everyone As a Guest
- Demonstrate Professionalism and Excellence in all things I do.
- Practice Teamwork
This opportunity provides the following:
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
401k plan with company match
Generous Paid Time Off