The primary responsibility of the Quality Assurance Manager is to manage, plan and coordinate all QA and Food Safety programs and processes at the plant level. This position also provides technical assistance to production and sales. In addition to QA responsibilities this position also oversees all sanitation responsibilities.
1. Shuts processing line down if warranted by food safety, product quality or environmental conditions.
2. Places product on HOLD, which does not meet specification.
3. Authorized to spend Company funds to purchase supplies and services.
4. Hires, disciplines and/or discharges department employees.
5. Escorts auditors and service providers during plant visits.
1. Quality Management: Directs the facility food safety, quality and security programs and initiatives in accordance with corporate directives. Directs and coordinates all facility testing activities relative to product/packaging quality, environmental and product safety performed throughout the site, either directly or through subordinate leaders in accordance with corporate QA directives.
2. Communications: Accurately communicates technical information relating to the process, product, and packaging quality to Plant Operations management in a timely manner. Monitors and provides feedback to Corporate Purchasing, QA, and R&D supplier specification conformance of materials (ingredient and primary packaging materials).
3. Budget: Responsible for local QA budget management.
4. Audit Management: Directs all customer, regulatory and 3rd party audits and plant inspection processes.
5. Quality Issues: Investigates, identifies and provides assistance in resolving product and packaging quality issues. Recommends new or improved QA testing procedures and methods, data recording and statistical analysis of results to better monitor product compliance. Assures that product not meeting established specifications and/or requirements is restricted from shipment.
6. Customer Support: Assists in responding to customer complaints and providing corrective actions and preventative measures at the plant level. Coordinates recall/product withdrawal at the Plant level.
7. Technical Training: Provides appropriate technical training for all QA Department personnel in line with their job responsibilities.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
* Respect & Value Our People
* Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
* Delight our Customers
* Food Quality & Safety
Professional Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or Microbiology from an accredited college/university. A minimum of 5 years of quality assurance experience in the food and beverage industry. Supervisory experience required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, and compose instructions, correspondence, and memos. Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to conduct professional and compelling presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers and senior executives within the Company. Can effectively organize and facilitate meetings.
Computer Skills: Proficient is using Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Work Environment: The work environment is a traditional office with approximately 10 -15% travel involved. Must be capable of carrying up to 50 lbs while traveling. Must be flexible to occasionally work overtime. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasoning Ability: Possess strong analytical, quantitative, communication, problem solving, and technical skills. Have the ability to creatively apply experience, common sense, and a strategic and economical business perspective to a variety of situations, processes and people. Demonstrates the self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and solve problems with minimal direction. Organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Interpersonal Skills: Team player, flexible and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities. Able to influence personnel at all levels of the organization while maintaining the team oriented environment.
- Audit Management
- Confident And Emotionally Stable