To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roanoke, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Human Resources Generalist
CBIZ • Roanoke, VA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services is a division of CBIZ, Inc., providing benefits consulting, HRIS technology, payroll, human capital management, property and casualty, talent and compensation solutions, and retirement plan services to organizations of all sizes. By offering this range of services, we are able to help clients eliminate the inefficiencies associated with the use of multiple vendors. Ranked as a Top 20 Largest Broker of U.S. Business (Business Insurance Magazine) and a Top 100 Retirement Plan Adviser (PLANADVISER), we have approximately 1,500 professionals in 75 offices nationwide. Clients in a wide array of industries rely on us for national-caliber expertise and technical depth combined with highly personalized, local service.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Partner with business management in support of business objectives
- Responsible for recruitment process, selection, and assimilation of new hires through on boarding
- Administer performance management system
- Respond to employee relations complaints and harassment allegations in conjunction with HR Director or Corporate HR
- Partner with HR Director or DHRD in conducting employee relations counseling and corrective action when necessary in conjunction with hiring manager
- Conduct or facilitate workforce training
- Participate in development and administration of Corporate HR policies, procedures and standards
- Conduct all exit interviews and coordinate unemployment claims
- May be primary user of HRIS
- Maintain compliance with Corporate HR policies, local policies and federal and state employment regulations
- Maintain secure personnel files
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3 years experience as HR generalist
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to negotiate and solve problems
- Able to work in team environment
- Proficient in applicable technology
- Strong organizational skills, time management and multi-tasking ability and prioritizing
- Ability to travel as required by business needs