Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
This position reports to the Director of Quality and is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Quality Department. The Quality Specialist will work with Local and Corporate leaders and cross-functional teams in order to drive projects to completion. The Quality Specialist is also responsible for organizing and analyzing healthcare quality information and distill meaningful communication from it and aid with patient’s concerns as needed to bring issues to resolution.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide initial review and coordinate the investigation and disposition of Company complaints, concerns and grievances (CCGs) received by the Quality Department
- Oversee the process for local market adherence to CCG resolution within appropriate regulatory and contractual guidelines
- Provide support and advocacy for patients that need assistance with unresolved issues
- Coordination of Quarterly Corporate Quality meetings and Quality Improvement initiatives
- Support data aggregation and analysis for identification of quality improvement opportunities
- Support process for reporting outcomes
- Support and assist the internal corrective action plan process
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with complaints and quality improvement initiatives or related field
- Experience supporting Quality, Medical Group or Managed Care support services within a healthcare organization
- Experience leading small teams and acting as Subject Matter Expert for a system or project
- Experience with a Document Management System or similar organizational system
- Proficiency with Microsoft products
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience supporting quality, complaints and grievances departments
- Experience with standards such as NCQA, HIPAA, Medicare and Medicaid regulations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $26.88. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.