To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Bernardino, CA 92408
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Director of Nursing
Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. • San Bernardino, CA
Posted 6 days ago
The Assistant Director of Nursing reports directly to the Director of Nursing and supports the Director in all duties pertaining to the Nursing Program. The position is administrative in nature. The position requires active participation in the management of all areas of the Nursing Program as dictated by the Board of Nursing in the state of employment.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing will assist the Director with the following general management/administrative duties for the nursing program: a. Monitor department compliance with the State Board of Nursing, Concorde policy, and all regulatory agency procedures.
- Participate in ongoing review and evaluation of the curriculum. Assist with revision as necessary.
- Insure that instruction meets or exceeds the standards and guidelines established by accrediting bodies and legislation. Assist instructors in preparing, reviewing, and revising the course syllabus, lesson plans, testing materials, course calendars, student evaluations, and learning objectives as needed.
- Assist in establishing department policy that meets the needs and requirements of Concorde as well as the profession.
- Advise students as needed regarding academic, attendance, professional behavior issues, and assist graduates as needed in the application for licensure process.
- Assist with student admission interviews, orientation, and other department meetings as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Assist in planning and participate in the Advisory Committee meetings.
- Participate in the accreditation process by all regulatory bodies.
- Participate in management of the student retention
- Assist in planning and conducting faculty meetings, projects, and studies being conducted by the Nursing Department and Concorde.
- Participate in Systematic Program Evaluation.
- Substitute teaches PRN.
- Assist in the development of clinical site experiences, supervision and evaluation.
- Assume responsibility for skills lab coordination.
- Maintain student records in compliance with Concorde policies.
- Participate in program, campus, and corporate activities.
- Assure ongoing advisement of students regarding academic progress in the department from enrollment to graduation.
- Participate on committees providing input on policies regarding recruitment, admissions, retention, promotion, and graduation of students.
- Maintain professional competence by activities which may include nursing practice, community volunteer, continuing education, writing, or participation in professional associations.
- Participate in the development of departmental and institutional policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Current License to practice professional nursing in the state of California.
- MSN Required
- Minimum 5 years RN experience in clinical practice.
- Minimum one year management experience required.
- Must meet all regulatory and corporate qualifications in order to hold position.
- Teaching experience preferred.