With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.Job Description
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This senior-level global communications leadership position will be responsible for supporting the Seqirus influenza vaccines business to achieve its strategic goals by building, protecting and defending the business’ brand and reputation among stakeholders around the world. This includes serving as the primary communications strategic counselor to the General Manager of Seqirus, and the global Seqirus Leadership Team (SQLT.)
The role will require strategic business communications expertise and demonstrated strong leadership and collaboration skills in a highly matrixed, global organization. The successful candidate will be a proven global leader who is energetic and thrives in a fast-paced, growing organization. This position is a key, prominent role, carrying with it great visibility both within and outside the business and is responsible for formulating and implementing compelling communications and brand initiatives and thought leadership engagement platforms that extend industry market leadership, support business/growth, respond/neutralize competitive challenges and guide issues and crisis management and foster employee engagement through strategic communications.
The incumbent’s responsibility will include ensuring one global integrated communications strategy and execution plan this is aligned and supports Seqirus business priorities and CSL Group Communications function’s objectives. The leader will be responsible for ensuring all Seqirus external and employee communications are integrated and resources are leveraged at all business locations around the world.
Reporting to the CSL Group’s Chief Communications Officer, the incumbent partners with Seqirus business leaders to understand their priorities and develops and executes strategic, compelling and differentiated communications and brand programs that deliver on Seqirus and CSL Group Communications objectives. The incumbent must have demonstrated skills to think and execute strategically and globally and be a strong, trusted counselor to senior leaders and who can deliver measurable results. The incumbent will be accountable for leading all communications efforts for the Seqirus business, including: commercial/product communications, thought leadership, media relations, public relations, employee & leadership communications and site-based community engagement through communications.
The incumbent will achieve these objectives by:
- Modeling CSL Values
- Serving as both strategist and executor
- Developing clear strategies and measurable execution plans
- Leading a cross-geographic global team to execute strategies and plan.
As a member of the Company’s Global Communications Leadership Team (GCLT), the incumbent actively collaborates with other CSL Group senior communications leaders and colleagues around the world to focus, coordinate and leverage as one CSL Group global communications function.Major Responsibilities:
- Serves as strategic communications business partner to the Seqirus General Manager and Seqirus Leadership Team (SQLT.)
- Active, engaging leader of the CSL Group global Communications Leadership Team.
- Contributes to the achievement of business objectives through the development and delivery of leading-edge communications and brand strategies that drives the Seqirus brand and reputation globally as part of the CSL Group’s global enterprise-wide Communications function.
- Responsible for Seqirus Communications budget oversight, and development of Communications and brand initiatives that support broader Seqirus and CSL Group business objectives.
- Possesses exceptional writing, editing and verbal skillsets.
- Responsible for the strategy, development and execution of Seqirus brand plan;
- employees and leadership communications plan; key external stakeholders (including media & communities) communications plan
- Ensures communications/brand alignment of Seqirus business objectives as well as to CSL Group Communications strategy and objectives.
- Optimizes and leverages Centers of Excellence capabilities to support the delivery of business objectives.
- Advances Seqirus as a differentiated and sustainable thought leader in the influenza vaccines industry
External & Employee Communications:
- Responsible for managing and executing external, employee and leadership communications in support of Seqirus business objectives.
- Possesses strong, established relationships with relevant external stakeholders, including key journalists/media outlets, thought leaders, opinion leaders, etc.
- Manages third-party communications agencies in support of business objectives. Includes leading agency selection, ensuring the business and company’s global brand positioning are integrated and reflective in communications and on-boarding agencies.
- Provides issues and crisis management that may impact the business and/or the company’s reputation.
- Serves as primary news media spokesperson on behalf of Seqirus.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, while fostering strong working relationships and modeling CSL Values.
- Leads global Seqirus Communications team to ensure coordination, consistency, collaboration and optimization of resources across the team as well as CSL Group Communications.
- Ensures CSL Group communications processes, policies, and other key items are regularly communicated and adhered to by the Seqirus communications team.
- Responsible for ensuring team capabilities continuously improve through professional development and training across the Seqirus communications team.
- Actively coach, mentor and motivate global team.
- Focus on actively collaborating with key internal stakeholders – particularly with Seqirus senior leaders and Global Communications Leadership Team - on the development and implementation of content generation strategies and plans to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in a highly-matrixed, global organization.
- Champion best practices & execute across team through consistent engagement as key leader within global CSL Group Communications team.
- Proven ability to collaborate, optimize and leverage Centers of Excellence capabilities to deliver business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or closely related field that develops exceptional written, verbal and communications skills. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Advanced, progressive professional development training is ideal.
- 20+ years of progressive experience in private and/or public sector communications is preferred.
- 12+ years' communications experience required including communications program/people management, in product or corporate communications/ public relations
- Applied Science communications experience is required; 10+ years strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working in a highly-matrixed, global organization is required.
- Demonstrated capabilities in delivering business-focused Brand & Thought Leadership results.
- Demonstrated experience in issues & crisis management across multiple geographies.