To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Supervisor, 2nd & 3rd Shift
Altec Industries , Inc. • Birmingham, AL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join Altec?
If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That’s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well-managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Supervise the manpower and installation of Altec products
- Facilitate and assist in problem solving and scheduling with plant associates, engineering, sales, and materials to ensure quality products meet customer delivery schedules
- Estimate hours on jobs for customer bids and revisions
- Schedule job assignments and production while learning the role
- Assist with conducting pre-production and pre-paint reviews with customers as needed
- Perform all associate production paperwork such as; time tickets, attendance, overtime, and disciplinary issues, seeking assistance when required
- Maintain work order hours and quality and delivery records
- Interface with materials to determine availability of parts
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or
- High School Diploma or GED required and
- Two years Supervisory experience at another manufacturing operation (other than Altec) required, or
- Two years manufacturing experience AND two years Altec Group Leader experience required, or
- Five years’ experience in Altec manufacturing
- General PC skills required
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint schematics required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.