Summary of position:
Reporting to head of Finance & Accounting for Cinepolis USA, the Tax Accountant will be responsible for coordinating and executing tax matters for Cinepolis USA and responsible for all taxation areas.
Role and Responsibilities:
- File federal, state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Prepare tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintain legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintain compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revise procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Prepare and/or review all property tax renditions as well as processing all property tax invoices in a timely manner. This includes providing regular updates to the master tax calendar with respect to property taxes as office locations change and researching property tax laws for new office locations.
- Be responsible for preparing and/or reviewing all business license applications and renewals for each office location or service area. This includes providing regular updates to the master tax calendar with respect to business license filings as office locations change and researching business license tax requirements for new office locations.
- Provide support for the corporate governance of the Company by preparing and/or reviewing annual reports, managing the Company’s registered agent relationship, assisting with the formation and liquidation of entities, assisting with the registration paperwork required for new entities or new states entered into by existing entities, and researching annual report requirements for newly created or acquired companies.
- Coordinate tax research and planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years’ experience with multiple tax issues (e.g. Tax Clearances, payroll tax, sales tax, local tax) in a multi-unit national operation
- MS Office Proficient
- Demonstrable knowledge of current tax legislation (Federal and State laws and regulations)
- Ability to develop and foster strong internal and external business relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Analytical ability
- Communication skills
- Prior experience in public accounting with a Big-4 firm (preferred, not required)
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be added at any time per the business needs.
Cinépolis USA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.