We have an immediate need for a Financial Reporting Manager to join our corporate controllership team. This is a direct hire, permanent role in Richmond Virginia with an industry leader in the financial services sector. Relocation assistance is possible for a highly -qualified candidate located outside of the Richmond, VA area.
In this role you will be responsible for financial analysis, reporting and accounting for several lines of business. This includes external reporting to regulatory authorities, monthly and quarterly close.
- Be a key participant in monthly and quarterly close, including GAAP reporting for US and some overseas lines, financial analysis of results, and communicating results to executive leaders.
- Responsible for generating mandated external reporting and maintaining relationships with external agencies and third parties.
- Project management for several financial initiatives across lines of business.
- Assist with Year End Reporting for GAAP and mandated requirements including review and commenting on Audited Financial Statements, Annual Statements, etc.
- This role requires a BS in Accounting or Finance and 5 to 7 years experience in Accounting, including US GAAP and Statutory Accounting.
- Previous experience with financial reporting tools such as Discover, TM1 as well as with chart of accounts and general ledger.
- CPA or MBA is a plus
- Experience with Life Insurance reporting is a plus
- Experience with GAAP outside the US, particularly in Asia or China, is a plus.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)