You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Claims Adjuster - Auto Damage
Join Forbes 2022 Best Employer for Diversity!
As an auto damage claims adjuster, youll serve as Progressives point of contact with customers - directing and making decisions regarding the repair process from beginning to end. Managing your own inventory while working independently, youll work closely with body shops and others to negotiate repair pricing and assess liability. Ideal candidates will possess leadership and conflict management skills, along with strong attention to detail and a passion for providing excellent customer service.
This is a field position with access to a company car and frequent driving within your assigned geographical area. We assess our workload collectively, which means you may cover assignments outside your geographical area. You may also be required to report into an office occasionally.
Duties and responsibilities
- Complete vehicle inspections, write estimates, determine total loss evaluations, and set clear expectations and timelines
- Negotiate repair process with body shops
- Document information related to the claim and make decisions consistent with claims standards and local laws
- Evaluate and handle claim payments and resolution of claims without payments
- Review and determine validity of any supplement requests
- Bachelor's degree or higher and at least one year of automotive, appraisal/estimatics, or insurance experience
- Instead of a degree, a combined total of five years post-secondary education or work experience at least one of which is in automotive, appraisal/estimatics, or insurance
- Valid drivers license, auto insurance, and compliance with Progressive's driving standards and/or policies
- $63,800 - $82,600/year (pending experience)
- Gainshare bonus up to 16% of your eligible earnings based on company performance
- $2,000 starting bonus
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- Medical, dental & vision, including free preventative care
- Wellness & mental health programs
- Health care flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, & life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short & long-term disability
- Parental & family leave; military leave & pay
- Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Career development & tuition assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Attention To Detail
- Automotive Industry
- Claim Processing
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 205859
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.