We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team in Cincinnati, Ohio.
This role will provide technical leadership, manage department costs, develop employees, organize workloads, and ensure adequate staffing to support current and future business needs. Also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, reviewing product development requests, and planning all aspects of projects. Will work with purchasing and manufacturing operations to coordinate design, supplier, and production efforts. This position will play an integral role on the management team and will assist in developing strategic plans and initiatives for the division. Bachelor's degree in engineering required, electrical engineering preferred. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
- Oversee design functions for the division
- Manage, train, coach, and evaluate the engineering team
- Manage the product development process for new products and design improvements
- Select correct design concepts and fundamental technology for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects, including expenditures, research findings, and progress reports
- Work closely with manufacturing, operations and quality teams, to review and monitor quality, process improvements and new product development
- Direct appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization
- Provide technical support to purchasing department and vendors
- Establish acceptable performance and quality specifications for products
- Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering principles and manufacturing processes
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot, and develop effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven leadership skills with ability to effectively lead and manage a team of engineers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Works well as a member of a group
Inspires teammates to follow them
Considered a thought leader on a subject
Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Inspired to perform without outside help
Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering.
Analog & digital design, firmware development
Management, leading a team
Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.