To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Paul, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS 1
U.S. Bank • Saint Paul, MN
Posted 6 days ago
Originates mortgage loans in an assigned metropolitan territory. Takes applications, conducts preliminary underwriting reviews, submits loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval. Follows-up to ensure that documents required for processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner from appropriate sources. Incumbents are customarily and regularly engaged in making and soliciting loan sales and conducting sales-related activities away from U.S. Bank locations. Incumbents are expected to spend at least 50% of their time conducting their activities away from U.S. Bank locations.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Regulation Z. You will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of mortgage, sales, real estate, or banking experience
- Ability to travel
- Well-developed sales ability
- Basic knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of various mortgage insurance companies
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, local bonding programs, and private investors
- Basic knowledge of local, state and national laws (e.g. zoning ordinances, Truth-in Lending, RESPA, energy audit requirements, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills