To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tyler, TX 75708
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DXP Enterprises, Inc • Tyler, TX
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of the Pipe Welder include, but are not limited to
- Must maintain a safety awareness attitude at all times.
- Must possess good communication and organizational skills and be able to listen to others.
- Must be professional at all times and consistent in his personal behavior.
- Ability to clock in, clock out and report labor correctly.
- Ability to understand and read WPS (Weld Procedure specification).
- Ability to select equipment based on WPS in order to perform layout, fit-up, and welding.
- Ability to set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas, shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding processes based on WPS.
- Knowledge of various welding processes, devices and basic metallurgy.
- Proven gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job requirements.
- Ability to interpret and understand blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding processes.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness and quality.
- Applies knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal, machining, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Must be willing to assist individuals from other departments as company needs require.
- Works independently within established procedures associated with specific job functions.
Qualifications of the Pipe Welder include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of modern welding techniques, knowledge of metallurgy, ability to stand, bend, or crouch for long periods of time.
- 3-5 years of related experience and in an apprenticeship program or formal training.
- Normal metal-working tools such as small level, chalk line, plump bob, assorted adjustable wrenches, welding hood, leather gloves, square, two-hole pins, and tape measure.
Physical Demand: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted.
Working Conditions: Shop Environment
Shift Time/Overtime: Day Shift 6am-4:30pm
Education: High School Diploma or GED
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V