Do you possess three years of agriculture, crop production, and/or seed sales experience? Do you have a proven track record in sales? Can you work independently to grow sales? If you answered yes to all of these questions, AND you have excellent interpersonal skills, this may be the job for you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Serving as a member of the Seed Technology Team, the Seed Sales Representative’s primary role is to grow the seed technology business within their assigned territory. By working closely with key suppliers, the Seed Sales Representative will provide leading seed varieties to their customers.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Candidates should have three or more years of Ag experience, including previous experience in agronomy, crop production or seed sales
- Develop and maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of portfolio of products and services applicable to the assigned territory.
- Manage customer accounts & recruit new customers in order to increase sales.
- Communicate and implement Wilbur-Ellis’ seed sales programs and policies within the assigned territory in order to meet sales targets.
- Work in conjunction with the Regional Branch, Territory Seed Representative and Regional Seed Manager to provide a high level of sales support within the assigned territory.
- Develop and enhance relationships with customers and potential customers, either personally or through a designated seller.
- Impact and influence — Ability to influence, develop and maintain effective internal/external relationships.
- Interpersonal effectiveness — Is sensitive to different points of view and seeks to understand and resolve conflicts/issues in a constructive manner. Able to operate effectively and comfortably with different cultures, in challenging situations and to direct and instruct in a respectful and polite manner.
- Ensuring business processes associated with seed technology are adopted and followed
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Aligns to company core values: Integrity, Diversity, Effort, Accountability and Service
- Leads by example, embodying servant leadership (values diverse opinions; cultivates a culture of trust; develops other leaders; helps people; encourages; sells instead of tells; thinks you, not me; thinks long-term; acts with humility)
- Strategic approach coupled with the ability to analyze data, metrics and programs
- Solid and trusted relationships among peers and industry contacts
- Strong track record of seed sales in given territory and within current and previous roles
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Seed Business Developer - Coordinating seed treatment sales as well as identifying potential growth opportunities for the assigned territory.
- Communicating with Regional management regarding the initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans as reviewed by Seed Technology
- Ensuring accountability for selecting, forecasting, promoting, training and related activities required to grow the seed business in the assigned territory.
- Providing overall coordination of the Seed Technology business in the assigned territory.
- Expanding and refining the existing seed business plan for the assigned territory.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
seed sales agriculture agronomy seed sales agriculture agronomy seed sales agriculture agronomy seed sales agriculture agronomy seed sales agriculture agronomy seed sales agriculture agronomy seed sales agriculture agronomy seed sales agriculture agronomy