Nesco Resource is working closely with a long time client in North Phoenix to find a Project Engineer/Estimator in the telecommunication industry.
Purpose of this position: The Project Engineer/ Estimator supports sales activities in commercial, data center, and other critical markets. Assists the sales team with site visits, design, sales engineering, takeoffs, bills of material, estimates, and proposal formation. Coordinates proposal activities, scheduling, and communications; procures equipment and places product orders; assists fellow engineers with technical knowledge, including Accubid estimating software; delivers high quality results that differentiate us from other competitors.
Scope of the position: Reports to the VP of Operations.
- Knows and remains current on competition, market conditions, building codes, and industry standards
- Presents professional company image with vendors, manufacturers, distribution, and customers.
- Cultivates good customer relationships and communications to build repeat businesses and gain referrals.
- Works with sales team and project management groups to engineer and provide accurate bills of materials and cost estimates for upcoming jobs—new construction and retrofit.
- Develops and successfully presents proposals that withstand critical examination, brings value to customers, meets company minimum standard gross profit requirements, and helps close the sales.
- Provides company standard handoffs to Operations for closed sales work.
- Coordinates with project managers to ensure on-time, high-quality delivery.
- Coordinates with Operations on forecasted product, equipment, and Client needs
- Helps resolve job-related issues
- Adheres to and enforces all policies from Employee Handbook
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Operations.
Matrixed relationships: Project Engineer will work in conjunction with all other engineers. Converses with Account Executives and Project Managers to determine bid and project requirements. Maintains a professional relationship with all customers. Works closely with Sales Team to develop project proposals and develop new business.
- Working conditions: Work in a variety of settings, including office and customer sites. Employee is required to travel and/or work some evenings and nights. Must have reliable auto transportation and must maintain an insurable driving record.
- Fast-paced - Team Spirit - Family values
- Innovative - Open Communication - Approachable Leadership - Dynamic - Appropriate Work/Life Balance
- Physical and mental requirements: Perform physical labor such as lifting, bending, and pulling on occasion.
Knowledge and Skills (Minimum requirements):
- Education, credentials, licenses: Bachelor's Degree in technology-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid driver's license with vehicle in good repair. Industry recognized certifications, such as RCDD, are preferred.
- Specialized knowledge: BICSI installation and safety standards, understanding of information transport systems technologies. Competency and proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, and Accubid software, or equivalent.
- Experience: Two years' experience in low-voltage structured cabling for end-users, developers, and general contractors.
- Team player - Resourceful - Flexible
- Accountable - High-energy -Dependable
- Problem-solving - Strong Work Ethic - Leader
- Can-do attitude - Clear and Effective Communication
- Organized and Detail Oriented
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Attention To Detail