Responsible for assisting with the purchasing function for all Center needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate of Arts Degree from an accredited school preferred. One-year experience in Purchasing/Procurement required. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications is required. Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
- Types, files, processes necessary paperwork and perform other clerical functions to further the Center’s purchasing activities.
- Coordinates with other Center functional areas (Logistics, Finance, etc. ) to ensure the integrity of purchasing procedures and quality and quantity of goods purchased.
- Maintains an up-to-date file of small, female and minority businesses. Conducts periodic analyses of purchasing activity to ensure the Center’s compliance with established objectives pursuant to purchases from small, female and minority businesses.
- Maintains vendor contact and qualified vendor/supplier list.
- Coordinates with Finance department to ensure accuracy of pricing and accounts payable information.
- Conducts follow-up with vendors on past due orders. Notifies others on Center of status of various purchases.
- May order goods and services from time to time as directed by the Purchasing Agent, as well as working with BPA’s, PO’s, and EPR’s.
- Involved in the bidding process (RFP’s and RFQ’s).
- Work with the A/P clerk for invoicing, if applicable.
- Weekly follow up for PO’s and EPR’s with all Departments.
- Participates in weekly Triangle Meeting which involves Finance, Property and Purchasing, to ensure documentation compliance with Finance requirements.
- Complies with all provisions of the Center contract as related to the Purchasing/Procurement function to ensure Financial Audit compliance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)