To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GENERAL MANAGER (SODO)
Krispy Kreme Pacific Northwest • Seattle, WA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Krispy Kreme is hiring a GENERAL MANAGER for our team!
2 YEARS OF FAST CASUAL MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Doughnut and Coffee Shop
Fun and energetic atmosphere where teamwork is key in ensuring best in class doughnuts and coffee.
Team Krispy Kreme
Join our Krispy Kreme Family!
With over 80 years serving local communities, Krispy Kreme is an iconic and well recognized brand. We hire and care for team players that have a superior commitment to guest service and product quality. We pride ourselves in offering continuous growth for our Team Members and Managers and are pleased to offer benefits such as flexible schedules, paid vacation, medical, and a dining discount.
If you have an outgoing and energetic personality, take pride in your work and are willing to go the extra mile for your Team and Guests, then come join our team!
Krispy Kreme Pacific NW is the approved Krispy Kreme Franchisee for the Pacific Northwest, Hawaii, and British Columbia (excluding Tri-Cities and Yakima, WA).
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall operation of a single store as well as the development of his/her management and hourly staff. Work with senior management and the management team in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales and manage costs. Responsible for the financial aspects of the restaurant.
- Be accountable for all facets of the store operation.
- Train, coach and develop management team in areas including: KremeWorks culture, systems, policies and procedures, personal growth, operational and financial knowledge, interpersonal skills and organizational techniques.
- Interview, hire, train, develop and retain qualified management and hourly Team Members.
- Interact with, direct and supervise Team Members on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Assure compliance with and uphold applicable policies and requirements of all employment laws and practices.
- Support projects and initiatives as directed by the Multi-Unit Manager and Director of Operations.
- Authorize comps and voids for all Team Members.
- Promote and cultivate a positive, “can do” environment.
- Lead entire Team to focus on “Creating Magic Moments” for the guest.
- Oversee and be responsible for all financial aspects of the store.
- Responsible for the security of, balancing and paring of all cash banks.
- Oversee completion daily food orders: dry goods, dairy, doughnut ingredients, beverages, etc., and/or identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering manager.
- Meet daily with managers and/or shift supervisors to coordinate and ensure production standards and schedules.
- Ensure adequate doughnut prep levels based on business levels, minimize waste, and control food cost.
- Make timely and accurate production calls to prevent outages and minimize waste.
- Maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Ensure proper food storage according to standard operating procedure and comprehend and adhere to sanitation guidelines as prescribed by standard state, city and county codes.
- Perform a shift “walk through” in order to assess staffing, maintenance, cleanliness, zoning and any special needs.
- Complete opening checklist, assign sanitation projects to Team Members and follow up with Team Members to ensure their completion.
- Complete certification on walkie/stakie and lock out/tag out.
- Assign Team Member deployment.
- Perform and extend all weekly, mid-month and end of month inventories.
- Compile all information for weekly and monthly P & L statement computations.
- Create appropriate atmosphere including lighting, music and temperature levels.
- Assure compliance and uphold applicable KremeWorks policies and state and federal employment laws.
- Write agenda for and conduct periodic management meetings as well as periodic informational seminars for Team Members.
- Address all guest complaints and problems effectively and courteously on an as needed basis.
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Responsible for the purchase and maintenance of all restaurant equipment
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to Director of Operations and/or appropriate repair source
- Schedule, conduct and document Team Member performance reviews according to standard operating procedures.
- Identify, address and document individual Team Member performance problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to standard operating procedures.
- Adhere to standard “zoning” procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to ensure safety.
- Document appropriate information in Management Log Books/Avero daily and ensure management staff does the same.
- Review information in Management Log Books/Avero daily.
- Read appropriate KremeWorks inter-company memorandums.
- Attend periodic General Manager meetings and periodic informational seminars.
- Review Krispy Kreme audits and mystery shops and make appropriate adjustments.
- Review food item sales data and make appropriate adjustments.
- Review fundraising, dozens delivery and wholesale functions agenda daily.
- Complete a daily labor report according to standard operating procedure.
- Oversee the creation of work schedules for Managers, Shift Supervisors, and Team Members.
- Forecast business levels and ensure smooth shift operation.
- Research current industry trends and effect changes accordingly.
- Direct and manage sales efforts which may include Local Store Marketing, Dozens Delivery, Fundraising, Route Sales and Deli Sales.
- Cultivate personal growth and entrepreneurial skills based on reviews and feedback from your Director of Operations, Administrative Director, Human Resources, and CEO.
- Establish a rapport with guests to promote goodwill and solicit opinions and ideas.
- Maintain a well manicured appearance and persona that reflects the established image of the store; comply with dress code.
- Be an active team player.
- Follow Market Partner’s instructions
- Ensure that all food items are correctly recorded on computer register system.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area throughout shift and leave it ready for business for the following shift
- Be responsible for personally knowing and adhering to the material in the KremeWorks Team Member Handbook with the Managers, Shift Supervisors, and Team Members.
- Meet personal schedule requirements punctually.
- Project a courteous, confident and flexible attitude.
- Interact in a positive and professional manner with Store Support Center Members, fellow General Managers, Managers, Team Members, vendors and guests.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Work a variable and flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Safely transport items throughout all areas of the store on a slick and uneven surface and stairs where applicable.
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently life and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Stand and/or walk for an entire shift
- Safely move about in all areas of the store
- Perform in limited physical space with variable ventilation and extreme temperatures
- Perform duties in an environment that can be quite loud at times (including noises from machinery, equipment, music, etc.)
- Must be able to refrain from smoking for an entire shift
- Work near moving equipment and mechanical parts
- May not take or give away any unauthorized company property including food, beverage or collectibles
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or other mind/mood altering substances
- May not resort to any physical violence, intimidating or harassing behavior
- Follow all rules, policies, and procedures as outlined in the KremeWorks Team Member Handbook and any/all Management Supplements to the Handbook
Failure to abide by these and other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject a manager to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Accessibility varies by location.