This position resides in the Credit Risk Management department of the company. The Credit team is responsible for the management of all aspects of the credit risk mitigation effort including researching and analyzing new and existing counter parties to determine appropriate levels of exposure, negotiating and structuring of contracts and credit support arrangements, and monitoring and reporting of credit exposures and events. This position reports to the Head of Credit.
- Perform financial statement analysis in order to assess the creditworthiness of trading and retail counter parties and make recommendations as to appropriate tenor and credit limit.
- Review credit requests for extended or new terms and propose appropriate course of actions to commercial leads based on the company's credit policy.
- Present financial analysis and credit modelling results to management as part of credit approval process.
- Actively involved in the negotiation of credit terms in master trading and retail agreements.
- Actively involved in the negotiation of credit terms in structured transactions including but not limited to lock-box arrangements, lien based structures, depository control agreements and other commodity financing structures.
- Actively involved in the negotiation of Energy Management Agreements
- Monitoring, investigation and reporting of limit breaches.
- Actively involved in the management of a credit portfolio and expected to identify and analyze portfolio changes, events and analytics to upper management
- Providing timely response to internal and external credit risk queries.
- Vet all customers from a Know Your Customer (KYC) perspective
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in managing counter party credit risk, preferably related to energy industry transactions. Training through a banking credit analysis program is helpful.
- Working knowledge of financial and physical energy trading markets; ISO markets and retail electricity & natural gas markets are preferred.
- University graduate in an analytical field (e.g. – accounting, finance, mathematics, etc.)
- Good financial modelling skills and ability to deftly use excel.
- Good understanding of business processes, controls and documentations.
- Good understanding of systems, data management, analytics and data visualizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Ability to articulate and present to senior management
- Strong attention to detail and confident in asking questions
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic and able to respond to changes in priorities
- Confident and articulate team player
- Good and broad understanding of credit risk management in the energy space
- Highly Confident, articulate individual who is a team player and work well with other desk.
- Ability to prioritize task and be able to respond to changes in priorities
- Ability to explain complex ideas in a cohesive, crystal-clear manner
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and enthusiastic individual who has strong desire to grow within Company.
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
For all of our consultants, we offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
URL blocked - click to apply – Main Site
URL blocked - click to apply – Twitter
URL blocked - click to apply– Facebook
Credit and Collections
Financial Statement Analysis