Teijin Automotive Technologies is an innovative and full-service Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis in development for lightweight technologies. Teijin Automotive offers employees the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the composite material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a growing company in North America and internationally.
We are seeking a Maintenance Manager for our Conneaut, Ohio Plant.
Responsible for the overall development and administration of facilities equipment and maintenance resources within the Conneaut plant. Through input from the customer, corporate and plant staff, the manager will allocate resources to support the manufacturing of quality products in an effective and economical manner. The primary responsibilities will be to establish and maintain facility equipment, and technical personnel with an emphasis on continuous improvement, maintain and operate the assets at optimum performance and reliability. Work with technical personnel to obtain capital needs, project timing, process flows, and layouts of facilities. All proposed plans for changed to the facility, technical personnel, process, equipment, molds and tooling are to be reviewed by the manager to ensure reliability and compatibility with existing systems, building codes, safety and Teijin Automotive Technologies standards (safety, molds, tooling, personnel, and accounting).
Essential Job Functions:
- Tracks program open items list.
- Completes annual personnel performance appraisals and training objectives.
- Determines staffing needs and employee development requirements.
- Establishes and maintains assigned plant "KOP'S".
- Support plant safety rules, Teamsters contract and Teijin Automotive Technologies procedures and standards.
- Support and maintain IATF16949 & ISO14001.
- Interviews and selects new department personnel.
- Develop project capital needs.
- Ensure that building safety and health codes are maintained and followed.
- Improve manufacturing reliability through reduced unscheduled downtime of equipment.
- Authorizes expense accounts, purchase orders, equipment spare parts inventory, and personnel training requests.
- Chairs the Management/Union Apprenticeship Committee.
- Supports Maintenance training.
- Manage safety as an equal to other key functions.
- Hold frequent meetings with supervision focusing on employee safety.
- Monitor departmental action items to ensure timely and effective correction of issues.
- Hold employees accountable for safety activities.
- Support safety training and ensure personnel are in attendance.
- Know details of all injuries and of corrective actions taken.
- Conduct effective management safety evaluations.
- Lead by example.
- Four-year degree or equivalent with at least ten years of related experience in facility and plant maintenance operations in manufacturing.
- Automotive Technologies
- Building Codes
- Business Process Improvement