To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Trailer Mechanic--Louisville Automotive
UPS • Louisville, KY
Posted 30 days ago
Candidate will possess personal knowledge and skills to perform preventative maintenance on UPS Transportation Trailers and Converter Dollies. Will properly diagnose and perform necessary repairs to non-power equipment, including air brake systems and electrical systems. Candidate must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift. Schedules include Monday through Friday and Sunday through Thursday and Tuesday through Saturday. An attractive pay and benefits package is offered. Uniforms are provided. Candidate must posses all personal tools required to perform the job and will be required to appropriate necessary hand tools as required by job assignment.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience using diagnostic equipment, scan tools and personal computer
- Possess a full compliment of personal hand tools
- Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) desired, must obtain within first year of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years of current documented automotive mechanic experience
- Meet D.O.T requirements and be CDL qualified as required by job assignment
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, stand, walk, and turn/pivot frequently throughout the duration of the workday
- Full time: 8-10 hours per day, 4-5 days per 7-day week
- Report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete the scheduled workday on a consistent basis
- Ability to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending on service needs
- Sitting required infrequently throughout the duration of the workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/or packages weighing up to 70 pounds
- Assist in moving packages or equipment up to 150 pounds
- Simple hand grasping, power hand grasping, fine hand manipulation, reaching from foot level to above shoulder level as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Operate standard/manual transmission
- Operate power, pneumatic tools
- Required to wear personal protective equipment
- Must meet all requirements to be Power Industrial Truck Operations (PITO) certified
- Work in an environment with: variable temperatures and humidity (climatic conditions), exposure to cleaning materials, petroleum products, dust, dirt, and noise, outside inclement weather
- Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law