The Purchasing Manager is responsible for developing, negotiating, and executing division sourcing agreements for specific spend categories. #CB
- Coordinate, facilitate, lead, and execute purchasing strategies.
- Implement purchasing policies, procedures and best practices.
- Negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational requirements.
- Monitor and reduce purchase variances to meet profit objectives.
- Measure and manage the trade partners and suppliers costs, quality and delivery performance.
- Manage trade partners and suppliers selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability
- Manage procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints.
- Seek, identify, source and partner with reliable trade partners and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and trade partners.
- Continuously comparison shops and negotiates to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies.
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, materials management, operations management, engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the procurement of materials/equipment/supplies and the development and review of contracts
- Proven working experience as purchasing manager and procurement
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-5264
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The history of our Company is amazing. Lennar began in 1954, as F&R Builders, co-founded by Gene Fisher and Arnold Rosen. In 1956 Leonard Miller joined F&R by investing $10,000 and replacing Gene as Arnold’s partner. Through Leonard’s guidance and Arnold’s attention to construction, our hallmark traits of Quality, Value and Integrity were born. In 1970 we became a public Company under the corporate banner of Lennar, a combination of Leonard and Arnold’s names.
View the full profile
Through the years, Lennar has grown to a disciplined and spirited team of Associates who have fine-tuned the art of identifying and capturing opportunities to grow and become an even better Company. The result is a long proven track record of strategically timed and impeccably executed expansions into new markets. As a result, Lennar now builds homes in some of the most desirable cities and states to live in all across America, and has now become one of the most respected homebuilders in the nation.
Lennar Corporation, founded in 1954, is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is one of the nation’s leading builders of quality homes for all generations. Lennar builds affordable, move-up and retirement homes in Communities that cater to almost any lifestyle – such as urban, golf course, Active Adult or suburban Communities.