We are looking for a communications professional to join our Internal Communications & Communications Services team as a contractor. This position will work under the supervision of the primary HR communications consultant.
The company is moving to a new digital HR platform (Workday), which will be a major change for employees. In this role, you will provide communications guidance to the project team, create written communications and work with creative services professional on visual communications.
What you'll do:
- Create high-quality, expert communications for field and office employees
- Advise the Workday project team on communications strategy and messaging
- Develop communication strategy and plans that support team objectives and align with overall internal communications strategies
- Analyze audience, situation and needs to recommend best suited tools and tactics
- Track effectiveness of communication programs, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Assure that messages, materials and approach align with brand
- Create and support program-level communications to ensure the nearly 100-person team has awareness of key decisions and inclusion into key considerations.
What we're looking for:
- Outstanding writing, creative storytelling and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simplify complex topics
- Knowledge of multi-channel content - intranet, video, email, digital message boards, posters, etc.
- Excellent consulting skills with the ability to establish trust and rapport
- Capable of delivering well-crafted materials under deadline
- Creative thinking with a passion for delivery quality outputs via new ways or methods of working
Basic Qualifications :
Education requirements are listed below:
Bachelor's degree in, journalism, advertising, communications, public relations or equivalent in education and/or experience. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Two years experience as a Communications Representative or seven years of equivalent experience in a corporate/agency/nonprofit newspaper or broadcast news environment.
Hybrid position - Candidates local to central ohio strongly preferred.
Potential for occasional local travel, not often.
- Broadcast News