To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cambridge, MD 21613
- TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
TreeHouse Foods, Inc. • Cambridge, MD
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Employee Type:Full time
Job Type:Supply Chain Planning
Job Posting Title:Material Planner
Responsible for the planning the replenishment of direct materials to support plants and/or co-packers. Develops replenishment plans, reviews material requirements, issues release purchase orders and expedites materials, as required, to support the production plan.
- Execute Materials Requirement Planning for direct materials and issue purchase orders to approved suppliers
- Issue transfer orders for materials from supporting Plant, DC or 3PL locations
- Match and review supplier acknowledgements for accuracy and monitor purchase orders for on-time delivery
- Arrange and optimize freight for inbound materials, as required
- Establish and maintain appropriate Materials Requirement Planning settings within plant ERP system
- Achieve and maintain target inventory levels and recommend sustainable inventory reduction actions
- Expedite with suppliers to resolve material shortages to the production plan
- Communicate any known or potential significant material shortages and develop substitutions with suppliers and/or internal resources
- Monitor and report trends in supplier delivery performance to Material Planning Manager and Corporate Procurement Managers
- Report and obtain disposition of nonconforming materials via Corrective Actions Requests, as appropriate
- Review and assist in resolving supplier invoice discrepancies
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan and execute transition plans related to reformulations, redesigns and item discontinuations
- Facilitate the timely arrival of materials for new product introductions
- Support Corporate Procurement Managers and Plant Managers in the implementation of any divisional or plant cost or inventory reduction initiatives
- Preforms other duties, as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Solid analytical skills with strong process orientation required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good organization and prioritization skills required
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel preferred
- Associates Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years purchasing or material planning experience preferred
- Experience with ERP system required, SAP experience preferred
- APICS or CPSM certification preferred
Associate Degree/College Diploma (Canada - 2-3 years)
Preferred Attributes, Qualifications & Working Conditions: (Outline any additional skills, travel and/or physical requirements)
Travel (other than driving)
Other - Sitting / standing at desk
Enter % of time - 70-80%
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.