ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of a Program Supervisor or Program Director, the Residential Specialist serves as a member of the Residential Program staff providing support and instruction to the residents of the assigned residential site.
- Provides support services, including but not limited to daily living skills, life skill development, supportive residential counseling, transportation, etc. as needed by each resident.
- Support and assist residents in weekly program schedules and outside activities.
- Maintains the security and safety of the residents and the facility.
- Participates with the CSS Housing Specialist in the development and implementation of the Individual Recovery Plan for each resident.
- Supervise and monitor residents in self-medication.
- Maintains accurate/current client documentation according to accrediting standards.
- Work in conjunction with the Program Supervisor or Program Director to ensure the overall operations of the Group Home including ensuring that the Group Home is safe and clean and that it has all necessary supplies to maintain its operations.
- Become the Responsible Person for the Group Home’s petty cash, including submitting monthly petty cash reconciliation.
- Be the Responsible Person for the Consumer’s Food and Personal spending funds and maintaining the financial logs for these funds.
- Identify all maintenance need I the home and submit work orders to the Maintenance Department as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the Nursing Staff to ensure that all deliveries of medication for the consumers from the pharmacy are correct based on the current medication orders and the Medication Administration Record. Report all discrepancies to the Nurse assigned to the group home as soon as they are discovered.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: N/A
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: any of the following:
High school diploma/GED) + four years of related work or life experience (experience related to job duties must be clearly documented);
LPN license + two years of related work or life experience;
Combination of one or more years of college + related work or life experience together equaling four years;
Bachelors degree from accredited college/university + one year of related work or life experience;
Bachelors degree from accredited college/university, in mental health, health or other appropriate human services related discipline.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid driver’s license is required.
MANDATED PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
Behavioral Health Services Completion of comprehensive competency based training program for individuals providing adult mental health residential services required. Certification of CPI/CPR/First Aid, issued by a certified trainer within 90 days of employment. Completion of essential learning online training.???????
Licensed Practical Nurse