To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI 02940
- Sharon Collett
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Project Manager - Disaster Recovery Services
NWN Corporation • Providence, RI
Posted 2 months ago
NWN is recognized as a leading national Cisco partner and a leader in the IT services industry. NWN holds many awards and elite certifications from Cisco, AWS, HP Inc., HPE, VMWare, NetApp, Dell-EMC, and Microsoft. With over 500 employees across the U.S. the company is on a fast track to even greater success. If you're a top performer looking for a new opportunity we want to talk to you!
NWN will provide full benefits that include paid holidays, paid time off, insurance coverages, 401K, etc.
Duration: 8 months; possibly longer Location: Providence, RI
Sr. Project Manager / Infrastructure Architect with a background to assist with the testing of the current Disaster Recovery Services, proper documentation of the same and the implementation of a technical refresh for the current solution. This resource would be expected to work on site with the teams at the Datacenter.
The Project Manager/Infrastructure Architect candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
• The Project Manager is responsible for engaging with the vendor to identify project initiation requirements and communicate them to stakeholders.
• Must work with project resources to create and maintain project plans for Infrastructure Design for Disaster Recovery Services Project Manager
• Act as the direct link between the implementation vendor and client during the delivery of the project. Project Manager is expected to communicate in a timely fashion, using the appropriate medium in a professional manner.
• The Project Manager is expected to be well versed in the scope of each module, use sound judgment to allow for slight deviations, and follow the Change Order process when necessary.
• Responsible for resource scheduling, burned hours management & reporting, and performance management of all resources assigned to the project. This includes working with stakeholders to ensure proper scheduling of resources; as well as, ensuring that deliverables meet established quality standards and that resources stay within allocated blocks of hours.
• Provide weekly project status reporting to various internal and external stakeholders, on the topics of Schedule, Scope, Budget, Risks, Issues, and Action Items Vendor management
• Coordinate a diverse group of technologies and personnel to deliver endpoint deployment.
• Project Management responsibilities for entire project on behalf of the Division of Information Technology
• Coordination of deployments and upgrades by communicating with Agency Information Managers, Technical Support Managers and Staff and Agency Leadership
• Perform daily Disaster Recovery PM tasks and support requests.
• Collaborate with Enterprise and agency IT staff to facilitate effective issue resolution as they arise.
• Provide subject matter expertise regarding the Data Protection and Recovery Platform technology.
• Implement and manage all documents, schedules, communications and tasks for the Disaster Recovery test.
• Manage day-to-day Disaster Recovery test activity and helps the Coordination of Agencies that are participating in the current Disaster Recovery Test.
• Perform and deliver detailed analysis of requirements for the current Disaster Recovery Test and future tests to each DOIT supported agency.
• Create and upload support resources to a SharePoint repository, answer how-to questions and provide status updates.
• Develop forms and workflows related to the DR process as needed.
• Resolve problems related to the Disaster Recovery Test issues.
• Manage and maintain detailed documentation of Data Protection infrastructure/design.
• Help define and drive a 'Disaster Recovery Technologies Refresh' to elevate the Enterprise Data Protection plans to current industry standards.
• Design of new Data Protection Technologies based on requirements gathered from requestors and key stakeholders, ensuring the delivery meets the business requirements and SLA.
• Demonstrated Lead project management experience working on a government project (federal, state, or local level).
• Proven track record of successful completion of project management work – ensuring adherence to project scope, schedule and budget.
• Direct experience with Technical and Service Individuals from both private and public sectors.
• Expert Level in the Project Management within the Infrastructure Design for Disaster Recovery Services Project Manager experience, including scheduling, data collection, communications and deployment of end points to a large Enterprise.
• ITS-53 RFQ Infrastructure Design for Disaster Recovery Services Project Manager
• Proven track record of IT Project Management
• Excellent organizational, documentation, communication and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work multiple tasks in a fast-paced State environment.
• Strong experience in leading multi stakeholder team.
• State and local government experience a plus.
• Solid understanding of risk analysis and security considerations surrounding Infrastructure Design for Disaster Recovery Services in a Government setting.
• A Bachelor's Degree in information technology; a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in roles specifically managing Disaster Recovery experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
• Five years of Project Management experience,
• One year of experience as a lead Project Manager or one year of experience managing Disaster Recovery Services.
• Familiarity with the ITIL Framework business acumen, and ability to communicate in a timely and professional manner with employees at all levels of organizations.
• Possess the self-efficacy and confidence needed to fuel a personal tenacity in relentlessly following up with action items at all levels in the organization.
• Ability to adhere to and report upon project budgets.
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
• Punctuality, reliability, and a strong work ethic, with the ability to self-manage a must.
• Background in software development lifecycle and managing Agile development engagements a plus.
• Experience with collecting, analyzing and reporting accurate information and data within tight deadlines a plus.