To direct and coordinate activities of Associates engaged in the planning, procurement and distribution of all materials and finished goods in the organization from supplier to customer. Aid the President in formulating and administering organizational policies by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Provide responsible leadership for Managers, Section Managers, Team Leaders, and all Associates in order to facilitate participation in decision making and development of individual skills and abilities.
- Responsible for coordination of physical inventory.
- Responsible for reporting out to the president and parent company regarding departmental status.
- Prepare department operational and expense budget.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Lead improvements within the department / company.
- Determine optimal inventory levels for the organization and reports on them regularly.
- Training of the organization on material and logistics issues.
- Coordination of new products start-ups.
- Coordination of ECI information and implementation.
- Prepare and issue purchase order releases and change notices.
- Ensure market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepare production strategy reports.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Compose performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Approve timecards and vacation requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expert working knowledge of manufacturing organization, including JIT theory, manufacturing methods and processes, automotive specifications and quality standards and principles, and applications of statistical process control.
- Expert working knowledge of input/output analyses, production scheduling, kanbans control and inventory control principles, practices, and procedures.
- Team building skills.
- Knowledge of budge planning and control principles and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of industrial and/or production engineering principles and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing administration or other relevant discipline, combined with 15 years experience, including at least 8 years experience in management and supervising others.
TRMI, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Battle Creek, MI, TRMI, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan.
TRMI was founded in 1986 and currently employs 650+ at our Battle Creek location.
We manufacture automotive switch related components such as: window regulators, cruise control, turn signals, multi-function and HVAC switches.
Shift your career into drive and help TRMI make the driving experience an intuitive connection between the human body and the vehicle.
TRMI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Automotive Industry
- Claim Processing
- Decision Making