Praxair, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linde plc, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply
We are currently seeking a Maintenance & Turnaround Planner for our Reliability team based at our East Chicago, IN location. This position will report to the Reliability Manager and will work with the Regional Reliability and Operations teams to achieve strategic operations and reliability goals within the region.
The Maintenance Planner will be responsible for the development of detailed major equipment and site maintenance plans and work schedules for significant maintenance and reliability improvement projects within our geographic region. This position requires the individual to prioritize tasks and safely optimize resources to minimize down time and maximize availability of production equipment.
• Lead the execution of the outage planning process within the assigned region.
• Assist plant management in identifying and prioritizing tasks during the planning process
• Ensure all projected and prioritized safety, policy, preventive, predictive, project, overhaul and corrective tasks requiring equipment, plant or site outages are included in outage plan
• Complete detailed planning for prioritized work in consultation with subject matter experts as needed.
• Ensure completeness of final outage plans – including, but not limited to; equipment lockout, labor, parts, contractor services, tools, equipment, documents, permits, un-isolation, commissioning activities and other associated requirements to safely, efficiently and effectively complete tasks
• Ensure accurate estimating of time and costs for outage plans
• Create outage execution plans and MS Project schedules for significant plant maintenance and reliability projects within the assigned region.
• Support timely and accurate procurement and expediting of all parts, equipment and services to execute outages on schedule.
• Communicate and publish outage schedules as required
• Schedule and lead post-outage review activities
• Monitor planning KPI’s and assist in identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position requires accessibility during off-hours and up to 25% travel domestically. Employee will be required to work in different weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts and crane baskets.
Where your talent makes an impact
Required Qualifications: Desired Qualifications:
• High school diploma with relative technical school/ completed apprenticeship OR relative experience will be given consideration in lieu of formal education and training
• Minimum 5 years of industrial maintenance, reliability or project management experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of planning or maintenance leadership experience within an industrial maintenance and reliability environment.
• Extensive experience developing schedules utilizing planning software
• Experience using CMMS systems
• Knowledge of common production equipment such as centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, gearboxes, motors, electrical distribution systems, instrumentation systems and fixed equipment.
• Knowledge of standard industrial safety procedures such as lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry, hot work permit, elevated work, blinding, isolations, purging, mobile equipment operation and permitting.
• Knowledge of standard maintenance and repair procedures such as pipe-fitting, pressure testing, equipment alignments, precision measurements, disassembly and assembly procedures of rotating and fixed equipment, instrument calibrations, electrical testing and maintenance of motors, sub stations and electrical distribution equipment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly experienced with MS office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
• Ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams.
• Self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks under time and cost pressure; assigns appropriate priorities to competing interests; and achieves results with minimal supervision.
• Technical Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
• Certification in Project Management or experience in project management.
• Understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes
• Expert knowledge of MS Project planning and scheduling software
• 5 years + Maintenance and Project Planning in a Chemical, Refining or Air Separation Facility
• Experience in CMMS systems such as Infor EAM.
• Hands-on experience in installation, maintenance and repair of production equipment such as centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, pumps, gearboxes, heat exchangers, motors, electrical distribution systems, instrumentation systems and fixed equipment