To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Evart, MI 49631
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vitro • Evart, MI
Posted 2 months ago
Vitro's Evart MI plant is hiring a Quality Supervisor. The Quality Supervisor is responsible for evaluating product and process quality in order to ensure that the requirements of the quality system are being followed and to seek areas for improvement, quality planning and training in order to support of the department and plant goals. This function has responsibilities that may include supplier quality aspects, customer contact and follow-up, fixture management plant calibrations and APQP associated activities. This position may also lead project improvement teams and cover for production supervisors in their absence.
Primary role and responsibilities include:
- Mentor QC Technicians and identify areas requiring additional training and provide for that training to ensure continued growth and development of the workforce to meet company goals; follow company disciplinary procedures for behavioral issues that training and coaching fail to improve.
- Customer interface – perform all activities related to responding to customer quality issues, including issuing applicable notices of problems and non-conformances and monitoring customer systems; assisting in identifying root cause and corrective actions, create specification sheets and other applicable documentation which improves product quality and reduces errors and on-site visits, evaluation, reporting and communications concerning returned product and/or customer presentations.
- Adhere to QS9000/TS16949 policies and procedures; responsible for all documentation related to the Quality System. Participate in all audits and implement corrective actions from audits to maintain certification status and comply with good business practices.
- Participate in areas of quality planning including specification sheet reviews for new programs.
- Utilize quality tools as a resource in problem-solving and process improvements, including customer forms.
- Performs Layered Process Audits of the Quality Department.
- Supplier Quality - Perform functions necessary to maintain the supplier quality system including defect review, follow-up to SNNs, contact with suppliers to communicate problems and leading improvement efforts.
- Lead container design and packaging specifications from a plant perspective.
- Lead PDT (APQP) and SPC programs.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory or lead experience in manufacturing required, with a general knowledge of glass fabrication processes preferred
- Quality Control experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and listening skills are essential
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for ongoing interactions with employees supervised by the position, as well as other team members (internal, external and management)
- Team building skills are essential to coach and develop associates