ICU Nurse Practitioner - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
PRN / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Supports and adheres to organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
- Practice reflects knowledge and honoring of patient rights, Advance Directive and Ethics Committee referral process.
- Honors patient dignity, privacy and confidentiality, and respect for human diversity.
- Demonstrates collaborative behaviors with members of the health care team.
- Promotes a positive image of Texas Health Huguley services throughout the system and community.
- Models behaviors conducive to the developmental needs of staff and helps them develop their potential.
- Works within the parameters of their license and that of collaborating physician and adheres to regulatory standards.
- Maintains an unwavering commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior and honesty.
- Delegates and/or assigns nursing care responsibilities considering the following factors - the degree of supervision needed by the associate, competence and experience level, staff availability, and patient acuity.
- Utilizes Patient Care Problem Solving Process and/or Conflict Resolution Process to resolve patient care conflicts.
- Initiates and maintains accurate records, appropriate legal documents and other healthcare reports.
- Transmits/prescribes prescription orders pursuant to written protocols as authorized.
- Incorporates patient, physician, patient needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of self-care, psychosocial needs, education, environment and discharge planning, incorporating information from the identified significant other and other health providers.
What You Will Need:
- Current licensure to practice professional Nursing in state of Texas or in a qualifying compact State. Registered as Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Acute Care Advanced Nurse Practitioner training from an accredited school of nursing.
- One-year experience as an Acute Care Practitioner with Critical Care focus is preferred.
- BLS and ACLS from the AHA.
The Advanced Practitioner will be assigned to carry out functions of care with the focus on Texas Health Huguley’s critical care population as deemed appropriate by his/her supervising physician and in the strict accordance with the established protocols and procedures. The Advanced Practitioner is a professional mid-level provider licensed in Texas to function in an expanded role to provide primary health care to individuals, families or groups. The position functions in a collegial relationship with physicians and other health professionals in the delivery of health care services. Provides care for patients of the practice within the scope of licensure. They are able to make independent decisions with physicians in carrying out health regimens for families and clients admitted to the critical care units. The Advanced Practice Provider demonstrates AIDET, is proficient in CPOE and is a resource to the physicians, nurses and other disciplines. In collaboration with the physician, the Advanced Practitioner is able to perform a comprehensive History and Physical, develop and implement a plan of care, order and interpret results of laboratory and diagnostic tests, supervise cardiac stress testing, coordinate and initiate consults, review and adjust medications and dosages, provide patient education and comprehensive discharge planning. The position consults and collaborates with other physicians and disciplines to ensure smooth and timely throughput, including coordination of discharges and transfers. The Advanced Practitioner documents and meets criteria for evidence based and quality outcomes. The Advanced Practitioner may work closely with utilization review, multidisciplinary teams and floor managers to achieve prompt and proper admission and placement, optimize length of stay, and provides superior quality service.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Utilization Management
- Decision Making
- Primary Health Care
- Critical Care