MPX is a growing, technology-driven fulfillment and critical communications company based in Portland, Maine. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Human Resource Generalist, who has a proven talent acquisition experience in the SMB space in a professional services, technology, and manufacturing operations capacity.
In this role, you will:
Reporting directly to the Head of People, you will perform and manage all aspects of talent acquisition and employee support, closely working with our COO. Function includes, but not limited to, new employee on-boarding, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement programs, talent acquisition, and training. This highly visible role will interface with all departments and partner specifically with the Operations team in the development and execution of services. You will be a key resource/partner to our President and Chief Operations Officer and other management personnel.
- Key relationship to the COO of SFX to strengthen and sustain the pipeline of new operators and supervisors.
- Participate and helps develop marketing strategies to attract SFX employees across social media and recruiting websites including but not limited to:
- Leverage local networking groups, job fairs, associations, etc.
- You will create job postings across platforms such as:
- Local resources & newspapers (MAME, Portland Chamber of Commerce)
- Screen prospects and prospect references against job requirements and sets up interviews for hiring managers when needed. You will ensure a constant stream of operator and supervisor prospects to SFX.
- You will be responsible for crafting and distribution of SFX Employee Offer Letters.
- Assist in managing SFX new hire communication, orientation, and initial onboarding tasks.
- You will coordinate Smartsheet Onboarding Plans for new employees.
- Assist in coordinating and managing temporary staffing agency management for SFX.
- Assist SFX management in collecting key KPIs on absenteeism, employee turnover, employee promoter score, operator productivity, and other metrics.
- Assist with coaching and training of SFX Management in communication, feedback, recognition, and training responsibilities with employees.
- Assist in monitoring and facilitating the SFX Performance Management Process.
- Assist in creating more SFX Certified Managers and Operators.
- Manages and schedule all new hire 15, 30, 60, and 90 onboarding reviews.
- Support Head of People initiatives as required.
- Be responsible for the SFX Employee Engagement Program (Pulse Checks).
- Be responsible for the SFX Employee Assistance Program.
- Be familiar with safety and act as an SFX Safety committee member.
- Conduct SFX employee exit interviews.
- Compile and analyze KPIs on terminated employee trends.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of human resource and talent acquisition experience, with direct experience in the transformative growth of a small business.
- Experience in a Manufacturing and Technology environments.
- Strong change management and performance management expertise.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Polished interpersonal skills and strong professionalism.
- Resiliency and flexibility to keep on pace with a fast-moving Senior Management team.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve challenges.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks and prioritize tasks and assignments appropriately.
- Proactive, customer focused, and responsive with consistent follow-up.
- Models a high level of accountability and personal integrity.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong computer skills including Outlook, Microsoft Suite, and various HRIS systems.
- Has a positive disposition and a good sense of humor.
- College degree and HR Certification preferred.
MPX is a technology company, providing comprehensive communications solutions to organizations across many industries. We have a unique culture of high-performing people who proudly solve business communication problems for our clients. Our culture is fast paced. We depend on each other to contribute, to do our respective parts. We attract and retain doers and problem solvers. Our clients choose us because we listen to them and challenge them to bring innovative ideas, process improvements, and cost savings. MPX has earned Best Places to Work in Maine in 2021 and for many prior years.
Competitive Salary and Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays + paid time off
- 401k match
- STD, LTD + life insurance
- Onsite fitness facility
- Be part of a world-class team
MPX is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer
- Industrial Relations
- Employee Engagement
- Performance Management