Scientist, Biochemical Assay Development
S. San Francisco
Kelly Science is seeking a Scientist to join the disease biology team of an exciting startup biopharmaceutical company. This position will support drug discovery programs in vitro.
- Help design, execute, and analyze key biological experimental strategies to develop novel approaches in assay development and drug discovery, with a high level of independence and creativity.
- Contribute to target selection, target validation, and further enable the development of a preclinical pipeline of valuable drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to the preclinical development of lead assets to achieve project deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates and provide strategic input to team/company meetings.
- Coordinate with external contract research organizations and with other collaborators, as needed.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- MS or Ph.D. in a biological science (biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular biology, bioengineering, or related discipline), with at least 4-6 years of relevant pharma/biotech experience.
- Experience protein production/purification, biochemical techniques and enzymology
- Experience with drug discovery assay technologies including FP, HTRF, alpha-screens, SPR
- Experience with automated liquid handling and screening of small molecule libraries
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidiscipline teams.
- A commitment to excellence, including ensuring that fellow team members focus on high quality science and a professional working environment.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply