Facility: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Compensation Base: $22/hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Exciting New Program
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families.
The primary function of the Youth Development Technician is to supervise clients during the sleeping hours in a manner that ensures their safety and security. In addition, Youth Development Technicians assist in the management of the morning wake-up routine by educating, guiding and directing clients in a manner that promotes their growth and development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts meaningfully with clients.
- Completes security calls to night supervisor.
- Maintains regular communication with co-worker(s).
- Supervises morning routine; observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Ensures client location.
- Conducts and documents random/unpredictable head counts/bed checks (minimum of once every ten minutes) and utilizes the Guard 1 system.
- Conducts outside building security checks.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.