Grady Health System offers many career paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding career at Grady!
The Security Services Officer is responsible for the protection of a defined area or facility against fire, theft, hazardous conditions and illegal or unauthorized entry to Grady Health System property and/or restricted System areas. Monitors radio transmissions and responds to assigned calls and emergency calls for service. The position performs fixed and patrol post functions which are essential to patient, visitor, employee and physician safety and security.QUALIFICATIONS
- HighSchool diploma or GED is required.
- Aminimum of one year of applicable work experience is required.
- Mustmaintain a valid state issued driver’s license and good driving record asoutlined by the health system’s insurance carrier.
- Mustbe in good physical condition, physically capable of subduing unruly anddisruptive individuals, and detaining individuals under specified conditions.
- Musthave command of the English language and be fully capable of accurately andprecisely completing Incident Reports, Daily Reports, Safety and Fire Reports,and all other written and typed documents required during the course of theirduties.
- Musthave basic computer knowledge to be able to check emails and completedepartmental assignments.
- Mustbe capable of working flexible hours and any day of the week.
- Mustbe fully knowledgeable of radio communication codes and operating policies andprocedures.
PRN staff are required to work a minimum of three (12 hour) shifts per schedule, yet hours are based on the needs of the unit(s) and are not guaranteed. (Length of shifts may vary) PRN staff may sign up in advance based on the needs of their home unit or other units within the department and may also be called when needs arise. PRN staff must be flexible with regard to floating to other areas within the department as needed. They are considered the first to float in order to assure safe staffing requirements across the nursing units.Weekend Requirements:
One (1) weekend shift per 4- week schedule. (Friday 7pm – Monday 7am)Holiday Requirements:
Must work two (2) holidays per year: One major (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s) and one minor (Memorial Day, July 4 th , Labor Day or Martin Luther King Day). EqualOpportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals withDisabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Emergency Handling