To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dearborn, MI 48120
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Computer Science- Process Control Engineer Intern
AK Steel • Dearborn, MI
Posted 22 days ago
AK Steel Dearborn Works is currently seeking Computer Science and Engineering students to participate in our 2019 Summer Internship Program as Process Control Engineers. Process Control Engineers use programming to direct processes within the mill and are a valuable asset in steel production.
- IT in a process manufacturing environment, including automation, control, and systems integration
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting software systems, hardware servers, devices, and network switches
- Maintaining and improving level II computer systems
- Mill support for C software development
- Support Embedded SQL development
- Support signal processing
- Data/Failure analysis
- System commissioning
- Model development/support
The ideal candidate will have:
- Junior status or higher within a Computer Science or Computer Engineering program
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- A desire to learn operations and processes within the steel industry
- Knowledge of C programming and SQL
- Willingness to learn processes and new technology
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
Summer internships run May through August and are 40+ hour/week paid positions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.