To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ECS Federal, LLC • Arlington, VA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ECS is seeking a Neuroscientist to work in our Arlington, VA office.
Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
The candidate will provide scientific, engineering, and technical assistance (SETA) support to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. The candidate will support the management, technical oversight, and assist in the transition of existing programs, seedlings and SBIRs in the DARPA Biological Technologies Office (BTO). Candidate must be adept at tasks ranging from briefing support, technical project evaluations, and general administrative actions. Candidate should possess a PhD in a field relevant to support neuroscience related programs for the DoD with expertise in technology assessment for a broad range of technology applications.
Candidate must have an active security clearance sufficient to allow unsupervised entrance and work within the DARPA facility. Occasional travel of up to week's duration away from DARPA HQ, Arlington, VA, may be required.
- Active security clearance required to allow unsupervised
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Neural Engineering or related field with the breadth of expertise to assess technologies across a broad range of applications.
- Highly qualified candidates will also demonstrate research and/or project management expertise in one or more of the following areas: optogenetics, OMICs analysis, electrophysiology, molecular biology, neural interfaces, behavior, decoding/encoding and/or pre-clinical research.
- Excellent organization, communication, and coordination skills are required.
- Candidate must be adept at tasks ranging from briefing support, technical project evaluations, and general administrative actions.
- Knowledge and expertise relevant to developing invasive or non invasive neural interfaces for the brain
- General expertise in behavior and molecular neuroscience including optogenetics and gene expression analysis
- Previous experience in providing direct scientific and technical support to a DARPA Program Manager and/or preclinical industrial or translational experience is also highly desirable.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.