Looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer that will be a part of changing the world’s energy future and secure our infrastructure! Join us - innovate the future!
Seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer to help design, test, build, and operate the United States fast reactors.
Candidate will work in a division that provides a platform to accelerate nuclear technology development for today’s light water reactors and tomorrow’s advanced reactors.
This role will perform design engineering functions and system engineering functions during the design and operational phases.
• During the design phase, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that mechanical systems are designed to meet the requirements including applicable industry standards and Regulations.
• This role will perform traditional mechanical engineering design functions including reviewing design deliverables, performing evaluations, interfacing with the EPC design team, developing test plans and procedures, identifying acceptance criteria, and ensuring the correct operating experience and standards are used to design the plant.
• The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with the EPC designers and constructors to ensure the deliverance with quality and on schedule.
• This position will have system engineering and equipment reliability responsibilities and be responsible for equipment classification, developing maintenance strategies and procedures, developing asset management plans, develop and execute performance monitoring plans, perform causal evaluations, and troubleshooting of mechanical equipment issues. System engineering functions are aligned to industry standard equipment reliability models used in the nuclear industry.
• Following commissioning and during plant operations, the engineer will have full design engineering responsibility for mechanical systems associated with the engineering design process including administrative buildings and other mechanical systems grounds.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 5+ years of nuclear industry experience.
o A minimum of 4 years shall be in mechanical design engineering roles at a nuclear facility.
• Experience in both design and system engineering is preferred.
• Must be eligible to obtain a Department of Energy (DOE) L clearance; therefore, US citizenship is required.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Design Process