To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lincoln, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
General Clerk I, 2nd shift
PAE • Lincoln, NE
Posted 27 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldGeneral Clerk I, 2nd shift
General Clerk I
2nd Shift Hours: Monday – Friday: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Internal Candidates: Please apply through WorkDay.
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 20,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, Va.
PAE has an opportunity for a General Clerk I to join our team on our Federal Government contract in Lincoln, NE.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Sort internal mail and deliver it to the destination, often using a cart to carry the mail between offices.
- Handle external mail, serving as the link between the U.S. Postal Service and individual offices and workers.
- Facilitate delivery of outgoing mail by determining if the mail is to be sent registered, certified, special delivery, or first, second, third, or fourth class, and may group mailings by ZIP code.
- Contact delivery services to send important letters or parcels.
- Operate machines that collate, fold, and insert material into envelopes for mailing. Operate machines that affix postage and mailing labels and track the amount of money expended on postage.
- Use computers to keep records of outgoing items.
- Retrieve, sort, assemble and maintain files
- Generate manifests
- Prepare files for shipping
- Generate screen prints and barcodes
- Perform searches and queries
- Scans file barcodes for responsible party code audits
- Verifies data and makes computer updates
- Scans and adjust documents
- Photocopy documents
- Deliver files to identified destination
- Updates systems from barcode scanning or keying
- Reviews file for final action steps and secures loose documents
- Places files on shelves
- Create documents and updates systems
- Prepare materials for destruction
- Knowledgeable of contract performance requirements and acceptable quality levels for assigned tasks to achieve contract compliance
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
The Basic Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive 7-year criminal and credit history background check.
- Must successfully complete a drug screening.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Must pass a Core Skills Computer Assessment.
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience in administrative and/or customer service duties
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills required: Computer literate
- Express and exchange ideas clearly in the English language, written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times.
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The general clerk must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times and use equipment such as dollies and carts.
- Mainly office but may also include all other work environments as required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.