To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- BEAUMONT, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
**Diesel Mechanic Technician with Sign on Bonus**
Ryder Logistics & Transportation • BEAUMONT, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Check out Ryder and discover why we are THE BEST Career Choice!
Ryder is hiring NOW in Beaumont, TX!
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS
Contact Shannon at 970-353-2729 for more information
What Ryder can offer:
- Ongoing Technical Training and Advancement Opportunities
- Safe Working Environment
- Great Exposure- working on a wide range of equipment
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance and 401K
- PTO, Vacation & Sick Time and Holiday Pay
- Stability – Ryder is a trusted industry leader; founded in 1933
- Award Winning Employer- Ryder was recently named #62 of 500 on America’s Best Employers 2015 by Forbes
- Uniforms Provided Along with a Boot Allowance
Works with the assistance of a T3, T4, TIC, SS or SM, when performing highly technical and superior diagnostic type repairs. Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage development in a productive manner.
The T2 Technician performs minor to average repairs and routine maintenance under limited supervision. The T2 may be assigned to work/train directly with a T3 or T4.
Shift hours: Mon 8a - 4:30p; Tues - Fri 11:30a - 8p
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some locations
- Must possess state license as required
This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.Responsibilities
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties including:
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs standard component inspections and repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Diagnoses standard mechanical and electronic problems, utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform repairs as required
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.