Job DetailsJob Location
Vehicle Processing Center - Georgia - West Point, GATravel Percentage
RarelyAbout Hyundai GLOVIS America Inc.
GLOVIS America, Inc. is a third-party logistics provider headquartered in Irvine, CA. Since our inception in 2002, we are committed to delivering our customers products via truck, rail, or ocean vessel throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Glovis America makes every effort to exceed standards by providing quality service to our customers and vendors of the automotive, freight forwarding, parts distribution, used car, and fuel industries. We cater logistics strategies and processes to our customers' needs by utilizing the latest information systems and advanced technologies.Summary
Under general direction this position is responsible for supervising and directing daily activities of all employees assigned to Underbody Coating, 3rd shift. Ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment for all employees, assisting in developing and ensuring compliance with company departmental training programs, and meeting daily production goals and requirementsResponsibilities
- Maintains and controls production and quality requirements daily for UBC Department.
- Performs daily supervisory duties to include safety accountability, training, attendance, discipline, coaching, positive employee relations, and compliance with company policy.
- Performs administrative activities and record keeping associated with the effective management of UBC operation, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports
- Works with internal and external customers to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company policies and customer requirements
- All other duties as assigned under UBC Supervisor
Education & Experience
- Must be willing and able to cross-train in other departmental needs
- Requires flexibility with schedule including break times as well as working extended hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to use Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions.
- Ability lead to develop and motivate a team.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to drive both automatic and straight shift vehicles
- Ability to record and verify numbers 17 characters in length
- Must have demonstrated mechanical abilities
- Must have a general knowledge of automobile components
- High School Diploma/G.E.D
- Must hold a valid state-issued driver's license without restrictions
- 1 year of experience required OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experienced in mechanical, installation experience in a port-processing environment preferred
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Carry up to 50lbs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.Working and Environmental Conditions
This position works in a plant manufacturing/warehouse setting.
- Exposure to loud noises from vehicles and heavy machinery
- Exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions
- Exposure to chemicals/fumes
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of skills and abilities required to do the job. Glovis America, Inc. reserves the right to alter and change this job description at any time without notice based on business needs.
- Labor Relations
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Word
- Regulatory Compliance