We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and experienced Customer Operations Manager knowledgeable in the industrial products distribution business to join our Kaman Industrial Technologies team in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
In this role you will be responsible for leading and managing customer service employees in assigned locations by providing direction to ensure customers receive exceptional service and achieve performance goals. You will also manage the team members by instilling best practices and collaborating with various Kaman departments and vendors to maximize profitability and increase efficiency following company policies/procedures and standards of conduct.
Kaman Industrial Technologies, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of industrial products and solutions. We are proud to be a one source network for customers in various industries including food and beverage, power generation, and waste management. With over 150 locations across the United States and four million products and services, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that the ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Our Customer Operations Managers have People Management & Workforce Optimization, Leadership and Sales & Profitability responsibilities, and are not limited to the following:
- Balance daily work load of the CS team (CSRs, CSAs, SSRs, SARs, SAs, etc) to ensure customers are receiving highest level of service
- Develops, guides, coaches the CS team to continually provide the highest level of customer service to retain customers
- Continually identifies, develops & coordinates training for all employees to maximize profit, process improvement efficiency gains, and/or vendor training for product knowledge
- Creates and enforces daily schedule at assigned locations for opening/distributing daily mail, branch email inbox and faxes received
- Establishes goals and expectations for all employees and delivers annual performance reviews
- Conducts cross training with all CS team members to ensure they have the knowledge, understanding and ability to execute any requirement to service our customers at any time
- Confirms accurate execution of daily reports for all assigned locations
- Responds to and addresses customer complaints timely with communication back to location team on complaint with resolution to prevent in the future
- Reviews monthly rebate report working with Sales and/or Vendors to obtain rebate renewals timely
- Ensures each assigned location is prepared for and completes yearly physical inventory accurately
- Manages inventory at each assigned location with the FIS as required
- Participates in the business plan/budget as needed
- Participates in Location/District/Regional/Area Management meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years working in distribution. Must have experience leading, coaching and mentoring customer service employees. Experience working with a business ERP software system is preferred.
- Workforce optimization \u2013 effectively manages staff and schedule to ensure best-in-class customer service. Create a team environment that is motivated for success.
- Grow sales & margins - develop trusted business partner relationships with key customers, suppliers and sales personnel in the local market place. Support territory managers/sales engineers with planning and growing profitable sales.
- Training and Team Development \u2013 create employee development plans and tracks them to improve individual and group performance. Develop and support team training through coaching and mentoring. Ensure customer service team understand and is in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Versatility \u2013 exhibit competency in multiple areas (i.e., customer service, sales, management, leadership and problem solving); multi-tasks quickly; work in alignment with the company mission statement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Effectively multitask; handle multiple priorities at one time
- Resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Self-motivated and can motivate others to perform at a high level
- Ability to learn and understand technical products
Knowledge Essential to the Position
- Basic knowledge of technical industrial automation products and services
- A strong working knowledge of technology including business ERP systems and Microsoft Applications
- Leading and managing others for success.
- Create goals and objectives and motivate staff to achieve goals on time and efficiently.
Other: Valid driver’s license may be required.
Physical Requirements: Must frequently lift and or move between to 30 \u2013 40 pounds. Requires bending, standing and reaching for products.
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Base pay and incentive bonuses
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KIT #KDG
Coaching And Mentoring
Complex Problem Solving