Designs and develops information processing hardware, computer systems and electrical components.
- Conducts moderately complex research on design and development of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, components and electrical devices.
- Demonstrated experience with ECAD libraries, creation of parts, and library configuration management Altium software.
- Demonstrated experience with PCB layout and designs, and as a component librarian.
- Demonstrated ability to read 3-D/isometric mechanical drawings and spatially interpret layouts.
- Analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced hardware engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or 5+ years related technical experience.
5-10 years of related hardware engineering experience.
Experience with Altium Designer and Concord Pro a must; Mentor Graphics DxDesigner a plus.
Experience with soldering and solder masks desired.
Knowledge of standards associated with IPC J-STD-001, A-600, and/or A-610 desired.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Printed Circuit Board
Electronic Design Automation