To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kapolei, HI
- Williams Scotsman
- Phone: 410 931 6000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Williams Scotsman • Kapolei, HI
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Production Supervisor will work closely with Branch Operations Leaders to ensure safety, production planning, fleet management, work order accuracy, material management and quality metrics are achieved.
Essential Functions: Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts business in compliance with all Williams Scotsman Safety, Transportation, and Environmental Policies.
- Manages employee/vendor health and safety through creating a safer workplace, conducting daily safety meetings, DuPont STOP™, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments of the branch.
- Ensures operating standards are conducted; supported by robust training and communication actions.
- Production planning- ensure all work orders are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Review of weekly reports with BOL to discuss performance and develop strategies to drive compliance. Proper documentation ensuring labor efficiencies are assessed and accounted for. Assist BOL with capacity planning as required.
- Fleet Readiness- Ensure all off-rents are conducted within 48 hours of return; units returned are thoroughly inspected for work order accuracy and capture any damage billing where appropriate. Relocate idle fleet and conduct work order assessments as required. Conduct fleet physical inventories counts at established periodicities.
- Work Order Management-demonstrate understanding of the Work Order system and the drivers that impact inaccuracies (condition coding), develop strategy to ensure variances are <10% by ensuring work orders for idle fleet are accurate. Work with BOL to ensure all idle fleet work orders are less than 9 months old. Issues and tracks vendor purchase orders.
- Material Management- Order, receive and distribute materials/VAPS to work teams/vendors on a timely basis to support unit completion requirements. Conduct monthly major parts and VAPS in addition to semi-annual minor parts inventory counts.
- Quality- Focus on driving first time quality and reducing <60 day service calls, communicates with shop personnel to eliminate, conduct root cause analysis and creates permanent corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uses Net Promoter System (NPS) to provide timely correspondence and to address internal issues.
- Ensure On Time in Full Deliveries and Returns
- Drives high levels of product quality (<60 day call & First Time Quality
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- HS Diploma/equivalent, college degree preferred (industry experience considered).
- 5-7 years of experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean fundamentals in the manufacturing industry preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office/Outlook
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to create the safest, most cost-effective work environment and exceed customer expectations
Abilities and Other Requirements: The ability to perform work in a variety of work environments from a professional office environment to branch shop environment to customer construction sites is required. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and to move about the various work environments to train, monitor and ensure compliance with all company requirements, including safety.
Additional physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly on a daily basis.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to work with a variety of hand tools in a proficient manner
- Ability to climb a ladder up to 25 feet
- Ability to drive/travel in truck for multiple hours on a daily basis
- Eyesight and Auditory Skills must be sufficient to meet safety expectations of the position.
- Ability to stand and perform manual labor for multiple hours on a daily basis.
The employee must be able to verbally communicate with employees, co-workers and customers in person and by phone. The employee must also be able to travel to various work environments if necessary.
Williams Scotsman is an AA/EEO/W/M/Vet/Disabled employer