To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA 30334
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department (ED) - All Facilities
WellStar Health System • Atlanta, GA
Posted 10 days ago
At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
WellStar Health System is currently seeking an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN) to join the team.
The Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (ED) is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders and is supported through the WellStar Shared Governance Model. The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing and evidence based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the WellStar Core Competencies.
It is expected that all Registered Nurses (RN) –Emergency Department (ED) are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
This requisition is for current and future openings.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred; National certification in area of specialty preferred
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Current/active license as a registered nurse in the State of Georgia
- Must have a current ACLS and BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
Required Minimum Experience: Experience with direct patient care preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills required
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner
- Possess excellent time management skills
- practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!